Hydration Heroes! Infused Water Combos that Work Wonders
"Detoxify", "Hydration", "Antioxidants"- all these buzzwords on social media have become mandatory hashtags for most fitness bloggers' posts. Likewise, the word "detox" has become synonymous with the word "cleanse." But what exactly is a detox? And how can you use it to your advantage? A detox is a process that helps the body rid itself of unhealthy substances and toxins. It may also help boost energy and metabolism, improve mental clarity and reduce inflammation.
The most popular form of detox is an enzyme-based cleanse. Enzymes are naturally occurring proteins that accelerate chemical reactions in the body by breaking down food and helping to eliminate waste products. When someone undergoes a full-body enzymatic cleanse, their digestive systems are stimulated to produce more enzymes, which work alongside other processes, such as sweating and urination, to naturally flush out toxins from the body. This can improve overall health by improving digestion, boosting immunity and reducing inflammation. You can also detox water with organic and Ayurvedic herbs.
Dehydration and water consumption:
The human body is made up of about 60% water. This is why it is so important to drink enough water daily. Dehydration can lead to headaches, fatigue and other symptoms of low energy. In addition, water helps maintain normal blood pressure levels and regulates our body temperature. Drinking water will also help you maintain a healthy weight by keeping your metabolism active and burning calories efficiently. Finally, water is essential in removing toxins from our body, especially after a workout session or when we have over-consumed alcohol or sugary drinks. Water helps flush out toxins that may have accumulated in our bodies during these times. Detoxification will work more effectively if you switch to copper water bottles.
Tip: You can also keep the detox water in the refrigerator for several days. Make sure to use stainless steel water bottles or insulated water bottles like TheBetterHome's insulated steel water bottles. These bottles are lightweight, leak-proof, and eco-friendly and keep the juice or water fresh for at least 24 hours.
Homemade Detox water recipes:
1) Orange-carrot ginger detox:
This detox drink can be taken post-workout. Along with flushing toxins, it also helps reduce muscle aches. Carrots are powerhouse beta carotene and fibres that aid weight loss, and orange contains Vitamin C and a lot of antioxidants. Ginger aids digestion by reducing bloating and stomach cramps. To conclude, this drink is loaded with anti-inflammatory ingredients.
- 1 large carrot
- 2 oranges
- 1/2-inch raw turmeric
- 1/2-inch crushed ginger
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Squeeze the carrot and orange juices separately.
- Pour the juice into a blender and add turmeric and ginger.
- Blend for 30 seconds and add the lemon juice.
- Strain and serve.
2) Cucumber mint detox:
Another delightful detox water that effectively benefits hydration. Cucumber contains almost 90% water, and mint helps calm your body. This drink also benefits the upset stomach by improving bile flow and aiding digestion. This anti-oxidant overloaded cooler is a saviour from the scorching heat.
- 1 cucumber
- 8-10 mint leaves
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Ice water
- Ice cubes (According to your preference)
- Lemon rings
- Peel, chop and blend the cucumber and mint leaves.
- Pour the mixture into a 1litre water bottle.
- Strain the mixture and discard the pulp.
- Dilute some lemon juice and black salt.
- Mix some ice cubes, and garnish with lemon rings and mint leaves.
3) Pomegranate juice:
Most Ayurvedic experts adore Beetroot and Pomegranate for their cleansing and detox benefits. Due to the abundance of Vitamin C, Pomegranate helps replenish dry and dull skin. Also, the aloe gel in this juice boosts hydration and immunity and calms inflammation.
- 1 fresh aloe vera leaf
- 1/2 cup chopped Beetroot
- 2 cups of pomegranate juice
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- Peel the rind of the aloe vera plant with a sharp knife.
- Peel the yellow layer before extracting the gel. Ensure to clean the gel before using.
- Blend the pomegranate juice and beetroot.
- Add the aloe gel and whisk for a while.
- Sprinkle some black pepper and serve.
4) Ginger Litchi Lemonade:
This detox drink contains almost every ingredient that the body needs for hydration. Ginger and lemon are effective anti-inflammatory ingredients, whereas grapes and litchi boost hydration.
- 1/2 cup minced ginger
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Ice cubes
- 1 glass litchi drink
- 1 cup grapes
- 1 cup chia seeds
- Mint leaves
- Pinch of salt
- In a jar, add ginger, lemon and litchi juice.
- Sprinkle some salt and stir for a while.
- Add sliced grapes and chia seeds and mix it for a while.
- Put the ice cubes and garnish with mint leaves.
5) Pineapple detox water:
Who doesn't love a glass of refreshing pineapple juice, especially after a long tiring day? Pineapple contains an enzyme called Bromelain that regulates metabolism and burns belly fat.
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- A pinch of salt
- Toss the pineapple with lemon juice and salt.
- Give it a spin in the blender.
- Add some maple syrup and stir.